The use of any electrical appliance requires the following
common sense safety rules.
WARNING: Danger to the person!
IMPORTANT: Damage to the appliance!
In addition, we offer the following safety advice.
• This appliance is intended to be used in household and
similar applications such as:
by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type
bed and breakfast type environments.
It is not suitable for use in staff kitchen areas in shops,
offices and other working environments.
• Do not let the cable run across a cooker or hot area
which might damage the cable.
• If the supply cable is damaged, it must be replaced by
the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified
persons in order to avoid a hazard.
Other safety considerations
• The bread may burn, therefore do not use the appliance
near or below combustible material such as curtains.
• This appliance is not intended to be operated by means
of an external timer or separate remote control system.
• Only use for intended purpose.
• Do watch your appliance during use.
• WARNING: Do not touch the top of the appliance or other
hot parts during or after use, use handles or knobs.
• WARNING: Do not wrap the cable around the main body
of the appliance during or after use.
• WARNING: Do not insert oversize foods, metal, foil
packages or utensils into the toaster.
• WARNING: Do not attempt to dislodge food when the
appliance is plugged in and never insert cooking utensils
into the slots.
• IMPORTANT: Do not place bread or other items on top of
the slots as this may damage the appliance and creates a
• Never use the appliance when it is empty (when there is
no bread inside) except on first use.
• Do not use very thin or broken slices of bread.
• Do not insert other foods that may drip during the cook-
ing process. In addition to making the cleaning procedure
more difficult, these may cause fires.
• Clean the crumb tray regularly: crumbs can smoke or
• Do not insert (by force) foods that are too big for the
• Do not insert forks or other utensils into the toaster in
order to remove bread. As well as damaging the toaster,
there is a high risk of electric shock.
• Should some toast remain blocked in the toaster, remove
the plug from the mains, wait for the toaster to cool down
until it is safe to touch, then turn the toaster over and
shake it gently.
Should the fuse in the mains plug require changing, a 13
amp BS1362 fuse must be fitted.
WARNING: This appliance must be earthed.
The use of any electrical appliance requires the following common sense safety rules.
Please read these instructions carefully before using the product.
This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and
above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental
capabilites, or lack of experience and knowledge, if they have
been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the
appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
Children shall not play with the appliance.
Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children
Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children.
Health and Safety
PLEASE BE AWARE
OF HOT SURFACES
HANDLE WITH CARE
• Run cold water over the affected area
• Do not stop to remove clothing.
• Seek medical advice quickly.