e d, Hollan Irvin e, Californi a , 92618 U. S. A. Phon e: +1- 949-951-5003
eg 24 , 80 71CT Nu nspeet, The Ntherlan e ds Ph one : +31-341-27 222 2
Oimatsu-cho , Sa kai-ku, Skai-s a hi Osaka , 590 -8577, Japa n
User's manuals in other languages are available at :
• Contact the place of purchase or a bicycle dealer for information on
installation and adjustment of the products which are not found in
the user's manual. A dealer's manual for professional and
experienced bicycle mechanics is available on our website (http://si.
• Do not disassemble or alter this product.
For safety, be sure to r
ead this user's manual
e use, and follow them for correct
Important Safety Information
Guidelines that requir
e replacement, contact the place of purchase or
a bicycle dealer
• Downhill bicycle riding and freeriding ar e inherently dangerous
activities. There is a risk of being involved in an accident that can
result in a serious injury or even death. It is str
that riders wear protective head and body gear and perform
thorough safety checks of their bicycles befor
e riding. Please
remember that you ar
e riding at your own risk and that you have
to consider your experience and your skills very carefully.
• Check that the wheels are fastened secur ely before riding the
bicycle. If the wheels are loose in any way, they may come of
bicycle and serious injury may result.
• This freehub is designed for downhill bicycle riding and freeriding.
Depending on the riding conditions, the hub axle could develop
cracks which may result in failure of the hub axle. This can lead to
an accident that could result in serious injury or even death. Before
riding, you should carefully check your hubs to make sure that there
are no cracks in the axles, and if you ﬁ
nd any sign of a crack or any
other unusual condition, DO NOT use the bicycle.
• We strongly recommend that you use the hub axle that is shipped
with the Shimano hub. If you use a dif
ferent hub axle to secure the
hub, it may not have sufﬁ
cient strength to secure the freehub, or
the axle may break because of insufﬁ
cient strength, and this may
cause the wheel to fall off, and serious injury may occur
• After reading the user's manual carefully, keep it in a safe place for
• Do not apply any lubricant to the inside of the hub, otherwise the
grease will come out.
• Products are not guaranteed against natural wear and deterioration
from normal use and aging.
• For maximum performance we highly recommend Shimano
lubricants and maintenance products.
Regular inspections before riding the bicycle
Before riding the bicycle, check the following items. If any problems
are found with the following items, contact the place of purchase or a
• Are the wheels ﬁ xed?
• Do the wheels rotate smoothly?
• Are there any abnormal noises?
Names of parts
Please note: speciﬁ
cations are subject to change for improvement without notice. (English)
©May 2012 by Shimano Inc. HTR SZK