1. Read Instructions- All the safety and operating instructions should be
read before the appliance is operated.
2. Retain Instructions- The safety and operating instructions should be
retained for future reference.
3. Heed Warnings- All warnings on the appliance and in the operating
instructions should be adhered to.
4. Follow Instructions- All operating and use instructions should be
5. Cleaning- Unplug this video product from the wall outlet before
cleaning. Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners. Use a
damp cloth for cleaning.
EXCEPTION: A product that is meant for uninterrupted service and, that
for some specific reason, such as the possibility of the loss of an
authorization code for a CATV converter, is not intended to be unplugged
by the user for cleaning or any other purpose, may exclude the reference
to unplugging the appliance in the cleaning description otherwise
required in item 5.
6. Attachments- Do not use attachments not recommended by the video
product manufacturer as they may cause hazards.
7.Water and Moisture- Do not use this video product near water, for
example, near a bath tub, wash bowl, kitchen sink, or laundry tub, in a
wet basement, or near a swimming pool, and the like.
8. Accessories- Do not place this video product on an unstable cart,
stand, tripod, bracket, or table. The video product may fall, causing
serious injury to a child or adult, and serious damage to the
appliance. Use only with a cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or
table recommended by the manufacturer, or sold with the
video product. Any mounting of the appliance should follow
the manufacturer's instructions and should use a mounting
accessory recommended by the manufacturer. An
appliance and cart combination should be moved with care.
Quick stops, excessive force, and uneven surfaces may
cause the appliance and cart combination to overturn.
9.Ventilation- Slots and openings in the cabinet are provided for
ventilation and to ensure reliable operation of the video product and to
protect it from overheating, and these openings must not be blocked or
covered. The openings should never be blocked by placing the video
product on a bed, sofa, rug, or other similar surface. This video product
should not be placed in a built-in installation such as a bookcase or rack
unless proper ventilation is provided or the manufacturer's instructions
have been adhered to .
10. Power Sources- This video product should be operated only from the
type of power source indicated on the marking label. If you are not sure
of the type of power supply to your home, consult your appliance dealer
or local power company. For products intended to operate from battery
power, or other sources, refer to the operating instructions.
11. Grounding or Polarization- This video product is equipped with a
polarized alternating-current line plug (a plug having one blade wider
than the other). This plug will fit into the power outlet only one way. This is
a safety feature. If you are unable to insert the plug fully into the outlet, try
reversing the plug. If the plug should still fail to fit, contact your electrician
to replace your obsolete outlet. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the
12. Power Cord Protection- Power supply cords should be routed so that
they are not likely to be walked on or pinched by items placed upon or
against them, paying particular attention to cords at plugs, convenience
receptacles, and the point where they exit from the appliance.
13. Outdoor Antenna Grounding- If an outside antenna or cable system is
connected to the video product, be sure the antenna or cable system is
grounded so as to provide some protection against voltage surges and
built-up static charges. Article 810 of the National Electrical Code,
ANSI/NFPA No. 70, provides information with regard to proper grounding
of the mast and supporting structure, grounding of the lead-in wire to an
antenna discharge unit, size of grounding conductors, location of
antenna-discharge unit, connection to grounding electrodes, and
requirements for the grounding electrode. (Fig. A)
14. Lightning- For added protection for this video product during a lightning
storm, or when it is left unattended and unused for long periods of time,
unplug it from the wall outlet and disconnect the antenna or cable
system. This will prevent damage to the video product due to lightning
and power-line surges.
15. Power Lines- An outside antenna system should not be located in the
vicinity of overhead power lines or other electric light or power circuits, or
where it can fall into such power lines or circuits. When installing an
outside antenna system, extreme care should be taken to keep from
touching such power lines or circuits as contact with them might be fatal.
16. Overloading- Do not overload wall outlets and extension cords as this
can result in a risk of fire or electric shock.
17. Object and Liquid Entry- Never push objects of any kind into this video
product through any openings as they may touch dangerous voltage
points or short-out parts that could result in a fire or electric shock. Never
spill liquid of any kind on the video product.
18. Servicing- Do not attempt to service this video product yourself as
opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltage or
other hazards. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel.
19. Damage Requiring Service- Unplug this video product from the wall
outlet and refer servicing to qualified service personnel under the
a. When the power-supply cord or plug is damaged.
b. If liquid has been spilled, or objects have fallen into the video product.
c. If the video product has been exposed to rain or water.
d. If the video product does not operate normally by following the operating
instructions. Adjust only those controls that are covered by the operating
instructions as an improper adjustment of other controls may result in
damage and will often require extensive work by a qualified technician to
restore the video product to its normal operation.
e. If the video product has been dropped or damaged in any way.
f. When the video product exhibits a distinct change in performance-this
indicates a need for service.
20. Replacement Parts- When replacement parts are required, be sure the
service technician has used replacement parts specified by the
manufacturer or have the same characteristics as the original part.
Unauthorized substitutions may result in fire, electric shock or other
21. Safety Check- Upon completion of any service or repairs to this video
product, ask the service technician to perform safety checks to
determine that the video product is in proper operating condition.
22. Heat- This video product should be situated away from heat sources
such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other products (including
amplifiers) that produce heat.